Understanding the Steps
Before you begin it is important to know that Developing Wings is a proud Google Trusted Verifier. What does that mean for you? It means that we can help verify business ownership without having to have Google call or send post cards.
You will need:
- The business owner's gmail account. A gmail account is required.
- Proof of business ownership. A business license. A power bill in the business name and in the owner's name.
- The business information
- Google Business Listing Verification is a free service
Contact us at (406) 396-0888 or use our contact form to schedule an appointment.
- Navigate to Google My Business.
- New to Google My Business? Don't worry--all you need is a Google account. It could be the same one you use for Gmail or Google Drive.
- Search for your business using its name and address.
- Brands, organizations, or artists should follow these steps.
- If you don’t see your business listed in the menu, click No, these are not my businesses or I’ve correctly entered the business. You’ll then be prompted to enter some details for your business. Make sure you enter an accurate, complete street address, and a phone number which reaches your business directly.
- After you complete your business information, click Submit.
- Open the Google My Business app or navigate to https://business.google.com on your mobile browser.
- Sign in with the Google account you'd like to use to manage your business.
- If this is your first time adding a business to Google, sign in with the Google account you’d like to use to manage your business and touch Continue.
- If you’ve added a business before, touch the menu icon , then touch the name of your business to reveal a list of all listings in your account. Scroll to the bottom of the page and choose + Create new business.
- Enter your business name and information and agree to the terms of service. Touch Continue once you’re ready to create a listing for your business.
- You may want to access Google My Business on desktop to access more advanced editing features, including adding service-areas. Learn more
- Follow the steps below to verify your business on your desktop computer or through the mobile app.