Benefits Of A Virtual Tour
There are various reasons why adding a Virtual Tour to your (online) marketing can improve your business. In general these benefits rely on the fact that 360 degree panoramic photography greatly enhances location and product understanding and improves marketing through visualisation.
Research which was done by some major real estate companies show the benefits of a Virtual Tour with actual statistics.
Benefits For Real Estate: Potential customers can view a property in a much better way then through traditional photography. Because a virtual tour makes a location more easy to understand, clients that contact the real estate owner/seller are better informed and generally higher quality contacts. Property has a virtual open-house 24/7 without the need to arrange catering and cleanup of the place every time a group want to see the property.
Benefits For Hotels/Resorts: People decide quicker to book your hotel/resort when they can form a good impression through a Virtual Tour. It is proven that 73% of the people who research their holiday accommodation online visit two or more websites before making a booking. When your website provides these potential visitors with good visualization, the customer can form a better and faster decision to book.
The location or place you present with a Virtual Tour will get additional exposure. People are more likely to visit your website again just to experience the virtual immersive effect and enjoy the views. There is a higher chance that visitors of your website will refer the virtual experience to family and friends.
Benefits Compared To Competition
An online Virtual Tour makes your website and location/property undoubtedly stand out between your competitors. Standing out between competitors generally means a better business.
Research conducted by several companies and organizations which are involved in the real estate and hotel business, show the following:
- Real estate listings which feature a Virtual Tour are viewed 40% more then listing with only traditional (flat) photographs. (research by Realtor)
- 75% of the interviewed potential real estate buyers stated that they preferred interactive Virtual Tours over normal photographs.
- 80% of the people that shopped online and were interviewed say that photographic images are very important to form a decision to buy a product or service.
- Online viewers are 115% more likely to book accommodation when a virtual tour or video is viewed.
- Hotels that have virtual tours on their website, generate 48% more bookings (research by Best Western)
- Visitors to a website that features a virtual tour stay generally 3x longer on that website.
- Travelers researching accommodation online visit on average 3-4 websites before making a decision.
- Although only 15% of bookings of accommodation and hotel are made directly on internet, 65% of travel bookings are researched online.
- The World Wide Web has become the most important medium to research travel destinations and products.
- Interactive Virtual Tours on websites of hotels and accommodation increase online booking with 85%.
- Estimated ROI (return of investment) for hotel virtual tours is less then 4 weeks.